Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Are they doilies or rags?...

When we first moved South, I was quite a bit heavier. Most of my wardrobe was from the elastic-waist and 3X tees department. Much of it was given to me by neighbors from clothing left after a relative of their's had passed away. I truly appreciated the generosity, as I was unable to sew any more than an opened seam or repair a hem which had come loose.
Time has passed and so has 40 lbs. What I had was now way too large and very shabby due to hard wear. There was a saying when I was little about a skirt being a doily for the holes. By the time it has been worn that much it is only fit for the ragbag.
I now find myself in unfamiliar territory of size 22 (in patterns). It is "Get busy with shears and machine or go nekkid" time. If I don't show up here, be assured that much of my time is being spent restocking the closet and dresser. Cordially, Nehmah

No comments:

Post a Comment