Wednesday, August 1, 2012

You can't get to here from there...

This past April I was so sure I would have a new wardrobe by the end of June. WRONG! No excuses, I just became sidetracked by granddaughters wardrobe needs. I don't mind one bit. One nice result was coming across new-for me-fibers, bamboo and hemp. I had not used either, as I only saw articles promoting their use in diaper-making. At 68, I am well past the stage where diapers are top on my hit parade. I find both very nice to wear, no rash or hives from either. The hemp jersey is unbelievably soft and silk-like. Both wash very well by hand and machine. I dried them on damp dry, delicate. Still soft. I have gone back to wardrobe needs, and I'm finishing up a HotPatterns freebie at Fabric.com. It's the Cabriolet wrap skirt/dress. The sizing is generous. I have a 47" waistline and have regathered the skirt down twice before it was snug enough for comfort. Camera battery has gone walk-about or I would direct you to a photo. All of you keep well, and keep the sewing room tidy (snicker) Nehmah

No comments:

Post a Comment