Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We made it through another year...

Welcome and Happy 2012. We had a very quiet holiday season. The granddaughters went to Florida to celebrate Christmas with their abuelos. (We are the grandparents)
They are back home and preparing to return to classes.
A bit of sad quilting news; my favorite site, The Golden Thimble announced the closing of this most valuable site. As is so often the case with individually-owned sites, I gather that finances were becoming a problem. I don't understand, other than the grubbing for ever-more-cash, why a non-profit site has to pay the same rates as a virtual Big Box site. She shared and taught quilting from her heart. The area where photos of "quilt barns" were kept was a treat to me. I'm just old enough (snicker if you like) to recall seeing these as we drove from Chicago.
She generously shared links to other quilting sites, craft sites, archived needlework sites, and the list goes on, and on.
Becky, I shall miss you. I'll be over to the non-EBay site. May you enjoy your "free" time. Cordially, Nehmah62

No comments:

Post a Comment