Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh my! What a surprise...

This past Wednesday evening, after we were done with bible study, a very special friend gave me a large bag with 150+ older patterns. About 1/3 were uncut; the rest had all of the pieces and instruction sheets. BTW, this is not the first group of patterns I have received from her.
So, what to do with them. Some will be made into clothing for children, then given away (the clothing, not the pattern.) There are two Anne Adams patterns, one from the 1930's and one from 1940's. When my holiday sewing is done, I will very carefully open each one to see what condition they are in. I really like the dress pattern and will attempt to make up this style. This may not seem like a particular challange, unless you have actually seen a pattern from that era. There are no printed lines, darts, or other indicators we are accustomed to using. It should be very interesting.
I will be sorting through again to be sure the pieces are all there and make a note of what is missing. They will be sent (in friend's name) to a pattern preservation site, link here (Link works) so that others will be able to finish out a favorite pattern that is missing instructions or pattern pieces. I'm not interested in selling them to someone who sees patterns as a source of quick cash. I want them to be put to their proper use.
Now, there must be other sites like "patternrescue.com" on the web. If you have a link to a similar one, please leave a message and I will check each one out.
Cordially, Nehmah62

No comments:

Post a Comment